Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My own private Hell.

About a month ago I finally watched The Sound Of Music on ABC Family. Yes, finally. It took me 27 years to see this thing. (I don't count my first year of life when I wasn't really sentient enough to get anything that was going on around me. In fact, maybe I shouldn't count anything before I was potty trained. The line between going in my pants and going in the potty seems like a good line to draw for being aware of things.) So actually, we're going to say 26 years to see The Sound of Music. Why? I'm not really sure. I just never got around to seeing it as a kid, and the four hour running time scared me off as an adult. But it was Labor Day weekend so what the hell.

Of course like anyone with a soul I loved it. How can you not love it? The songs! Oh, the songs.

The songs have been on permanent repeat in my brain for the last four or five weeks. Seriously. All the time it's something from The Sound of Music. And boy does it get tired. I'm in my own private Hell, but it's a Julie Andrews, Rodgers and Hammerstein singy sort of Hell so I guess it's not that bad.

Speaking of Hell...

No comments: