Thursday, October 09, 2008

Product Slut: Prada for Women

I first got wind of Prada for Women from my Vogue magazine. Literally. I could smell the insert wafting from the pages. And I loved it.

I still love this perfume. It's my fancy perfume that I wear for special occasions or when I need a little boost to get through the work day. I still have the box. I don't know why, but the cloth Prada label on the box is very cool to me. This is the only perfume I keep in my drawer so it will last longer (light makes the oils break down and can change the fragrance) eventhough I have other perfumes that I like on my dresser. This one is special. Mostly because it's pretty damn expensive. But it's very worth it.

I'm not a perfumer so the scent is hard to describe in a way that would make sense to people familiar with perfume. I call it sophisticated and exotic. The high notes (what you smell right after you put it on) are citrusy and floral. The middle notes (what you smell wafting up from your boobs at work) are deeper. The Amazon description includes scents like bergamont, patchouli, sandalwood and musk. I think that's what the middle notes are. They aren't over powering and are really warm. The low notes (what you smell as you take your shirt off to get in your PJs) are mostly vanilla and little of the musk. It's a great scent all day long.

Of course this is just me and my opinion. You may hate this stuff. So try it out before you buy. Perfume reacts differently with each person and their body chemistry and you may hate what it smells like on you. Before adding this to my Amazon wish list I bought a very small trial bottle. Like microscopic. The thing is an inch long and didn't even have an atomizer. I had to dab it on with my finger like in olden times. But I loved the scent and I still have that tiny bottle. I use it as my travel bottle.


So I heart this perfume.

There is one more thing about this perfume I have to share.


I put this on my Amazon wish list a few years ago and hinted strongly to Josh that a gift of perfume would be nice from him. I actually didn't hint. I told him that his parents were always the ones to buy me girly gifts and he should buy me something girly like jewelry or perfume and that I had added these things to my wish list for him to choose from.


So we opened our Christmas gifts and the perfume was not among it. Darn.


Then we spent Christmas night with Josh's parents and opened gifts from them. And sure enough his Mom and Dad had bought the perfume for me. And that was ok because Josh's Mom was really, really sick with Pancreatic Cancer and that was her last Christmas. She had told me the year before that she enjoyed buying girly gifts for me because Josh was an only child and her mom and the rest of the extended family were practical people so she never got a chance to buy girly gifts until I came along. So her last Christmas she was able to buy me something girly and fun like she couldn't do for the rest of the family. So that's another reason my bottle of Prada is special.


So if you like exotic, sophisticated, warm fragrances or if I tugged on your heart strings just enough there, try Prada for Women. It's a perfume I really enjoy wearing. (And Josh likes it too.)

No comments: